Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Pattern....Two Different Looks!

I use this basic netting pattern when I want to make something  classy and delicate.  It was a pattern I came up with many years ago when I wanted to make a simple, but lacy necklace.

Last October a friend asked me to make a necklace for her daughter who was going as Marie Antoinette.  I used my basic pattern then with Swarovski crystals and cream pearls.   Instead of a clasp I used a beautiful pink ribbon to complete the piece.




More recently a friend wanted me to make her something simple and she had seen this pattern and wanted something in a nice pale blue with matching earrings.  So here is what I came up with;

I love how dainty this looks!  The blue and silver mix of seed beads makes it a classy necklace.  

The use of different beads gives these 2 necklaces a uniqueness of their own!





No comments:

Post a Comment