Monday, August 6, 2012

Last week, as I told some of you, one of my pieces was published in Bead Trends August 2012 issue.  This made my whole week!  I was so excited about seeing my piece appear in that magazine.  During the winter months I had created a pattern using Tila beads and wanted to see if I could get it in one of the popular beading publications.  I got a lot of rejection at first, but then I received a letter from Bead Trends telling me they would like to publish an article on my piece for their August issue!

I was excited and scared all at the same time!!! I had to send the piece for a photoshoot, and I also had to write directions on how to make the piece.  Well, I had never written directions on how to make any bead piece I make.  My creative process happens in my head.  I usually draw out what I want and then figure out how to make it my making several drawings, so writing it out was an adventure in itself!

Here is how it came out....

No comments:

Post a Comment